Monday, February 02, 2004

Hi everyone:

I'm Wei-Yin Ting(Wayne)

I come from Taiwan, so I would like to introduce my lovely country to you. In 1661, Europeans dubbed the pace “Formosa”. This means a beautiful island. Today, Taiwan is the ideal place in the world where the Chinese culture is mirrored. Many Asian countries have high economic growth recently. Comparing with
other Asian countries, Taiwan is remarkable. A small island in the shadow of a hostile China, it has defied the odds and become an economic giant with freedom. There are three things that I prefer expressing the Taiwanese features. First of all, I think that there is a lot of unique scenery in Taiwan. Taiwan is located on seismic belt in the Pacific Ocean. The seismic activities make a great impact on an ocean current by the earthquakes. Therefore, the extraordinary condition causes to change marine color, not only blue. Could you imagine that the sea is colorful between green and blue? I think that the view is incredible in the world. Second, there are a variety of delicate foods in Taiwan. The island belongs to subtropics, and it produces plenteous fruits and vegetables. We have developed well in agriculture, so we can eat delicious fresh food in four seasons. We also have the freshest seafood. Not to mention, we are used to cooking dishes in Chinese style. If you visit my country, you will have yummy meals every day and eat them paying for low prices. Finally, We are open-mined and friendly in Taiwan culture. Taiwan is a model democracy with all the attendant freedoms, including strong opposition parties and a free press.
We accept different cultures, respect them and learn something new. For instance, Taiwan has developed well in manufacturing semiconduction. Microsoft and IBM companies authorize Taiwan’s factories to make computers in high technology. In open door policy, Taiwan became a developing country. For being friendly towards my friends, I am a good for example that if you guys would to travel to my country, please, let me know and visit me. I am going to treat you and become a tour guide for you. I will expect to meet you if you have a plan to go to Taiwan. I am glad to see you happily because we say that friends come from a long distance to meet us that it is a good thing and joy.

Have a good day

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home