Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Weblog analysis

There are four Web sites that I analyzed are concerned with politics, including the political analysis, essay, weblong, and so on. For example, there are so many Bush’s topics whatever is good or not for him.

First of all, in the Daily Kos’s Web site, its visual design is common, but I like its orange font for headline and navigation. However, its navigation is put on the top of left and is too small for its words to be read easily. Also, its center part is too long, which is pretty unusual. I love its special images but few images, only three pictures. In my opinion, the Web should use much bigger font for the text, and it could increase more images to attract people for visual feelings. In the important thing, it might rearrange the list of navigation in order to make it easier to use for users.

Second, the Free Republic Web has a good navigation on the top. It also has a nice sensation in its visual design that is very neat; I really like its whole design.

Next, the Fuckedcompany Web has a weird name but fun. It seems very popular because many people write comments to it. For instance, I am interested in the topic of “What’s Happy Fun Slander”. Nevertheless, its brown background makes me feel not cozy, so I don’t want to look at its surface for long time. Personally, I would like to advise its designer to change its surface or background to make its vision much more comfortable for users’ eyes.

Finally, the Metafilter.com doesn’t use any images, but the surface makes the audience feel comfortable. The good thing of the Web is the blue color of the surface. I think that it seems to be pretty popular on the Internet because there are so many comments by people there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home