Tuesday, March 30, 2004

For my topic, I decide to choose “Weblogs and professional writers



Currently, Weblogs have many good online functions that make them fairly easy to communicate and interact with people in cyberspace. Undoubtedly, there are going to have more and more activities on Weblogs in the future. First, Weblogs as a social network, I think that the weblog sever has a strong effective function on connecting people who have the same purpose and interest. Then, these people will build their specific community such as politics or clubs. Perhaps someday, I will have my own Weblog for self-expression. I have an idea that I will construct a Weblog site to engage poetry or dancing. I could make more friends who have the same interest. However, I have an interest in the topic of “Weblogs and Professional Writer”. I am interested in studying the professional fields. In addition,I know the professor, Lawrence Lessing. He argues that computer code (HTTP) in a traditional Internet is so free that it is uncontrollable, and the government ignores its responsibility for protecting copyright and supervision in cyberspace. Therefore, in “Code is Law”, Lessig offers architectures of control to regulate the commerce in cyberspace. He suggests digital certificates for accessing certain services, encryption and the public key infrastructure in an indirect governmental regulation. Finally, I remember studying the web sites’ Andrew Sullivan and Mickey Kos. The Andrew Sullivan web site is chiefly concern with politics. In my weblog analysis, I have a comment for the Mickey Kos web site. I said that it is a good Weblog and I like its layout in the visual design.